Saturday 2 April 2016

Trying HelloFresh

Back in December, I decided to give the Hello Fresh box a go. I'd seen them advertised all over social media and TV and thought it sounds like a great idea but a tad pricey for my liking. So when a £25 off voucher came through the letter box I signed up to get the box next week.
In my box I chose 3 meals (for 2 people) at £39 (then added the discount!). I got mushroom and pancetta tagliatelle, beef and corn tortillas and pork and cashew stir fry, I couldn't wait to try them all.
The recipe cards were really helpful and set out how much you need, which is exactly when comes in the box, so no waste :) If only I could make the dishes look as pretty as they do on the cards!
First up I made the Garlic, Mushroom and Pancetta tagliatelle. Which was sooo tasty, I think it could have been a little healthier, but it wasn't needed or what I was looking for, the lemon was a great addition and way to freshen the whole dish up and stock it feeling so creamy and clogging.
Next I made the Pork, black bean and cashew stir fry. I loved how black bean paste came fresh and the meat was amazing quality and so tasty. I added in some extra edamame beans as I'm addicted!
Last and probably my favourite as I'm a huge mexican / texmex fan; beef, sweetcorn and black bean tacos with a big dollop of creme fraiche and squirt of fresh lime!

I love the idea and concept of this box, but for my it's just a tad pricey at £39 for 3 meals, as that's what we'd normally spend on meals for the week! I did find the ingredients to be of a higher quality than you'd get in your average supermarket though! Maybe one day.. when I'm earning big bucks I can get it every week!

Have you tried Hello Fresh? What did you think?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you