Wednesday 23 October 2013

Finally... recipe-Paella

It feels like absolutely ages since I've done a recipe post! Months at least! Apologies, I think my only excuse is that I havent cooked much in the past 3 or four months.
Anyway.. I'm back now with a paella recipe.

This is a meat one (I don't like fish/seafood so just chicken+chorizo in mine), but for a veggie alternative you could use beans and pulses such as kidney beans/butter beans/ or black eyes peas. For this one (for four generous portions) you:'ll need:
3-4 chicken breasts depending on size
1 chorizo
2-3 beef tomatoes
1 onion
1 pepper
some frozen green peas
a squeeze of lemon juice and/or lemon slices to garnish
Paella rice
Spices: Saffron, Paprika, Basil, Thyme
Stock/boiling water mixed, and a few swigs of white wine
After chopping up the chicken into chunks and marinating in oil, paprika, basil and thyme for an hour or two, chuck in a hot pan with the chorizo slices and cook on a high heat for about 5 minutes. Once this is done, remove from the pan into a bowl. Finely chop the tomatoes, onion and pepper and add to the pan (with the chicken and chorizo 'juices' still in.
Cook on a medium heat for a few minutes and add the wine. Once the wine has burned off, add the rice and stir (in the dry pan) for a few minutes so that it doesn't stick. 
While doing this mix the stock and water ready to pour on. Just before adding the stock, add the chicken and chorizo, and more of the paprika and basil.
Then you need t frequently stir for the next 30-45 minutes which the rice cooks, occasionally adding more stock and water, and lastly the saffron and squeeze of lemon just before serving.

There you have it, easy peasy paella. I love it, especially in winter, it's so warming and cosy to eat!
What do you normally have in you paella? Do you have a favourite winter warming meal?

12 comments :

  1. This looks SO good, might attempts a veggie version sometime this week!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I really like making veggie versions too as its a bit less hassle!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. i love making risotto, which is pretty similar! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love making risotto too, mushroom one of my favs :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. Looks beyond delicious! Need to try this for myself... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Do it- I love paella
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. i love mexican food :))! looks really tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaanks I love mexican food too.. But I think Paella is more of a spanish/Mediterranean dish :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  5. Oh my! This has made me SO hungry! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :) me too, looking back at it!
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you